FTF Reporting in DIS
The FY2021 FTF reporting season is open now!
Below are a few key announcements, but please check back as we will be updating this page as more information and resources become available.
- FTF reporting will again occur in the Development Information Solution (DIS) system this year. Website: https://dis.usaid.gov/.
- M/CIO made many improvements to the DIS platform based on your feedback and released an improved version on Oct. 4th.
Training & Office Hours:
- All users need to take training, even if you took training last year, in order to learn the updated DIS screens.
- See the two links on the right side of this webpage for USAID staff training and FTF IP training schedule.
- We will not be hosting a separate FTF webinar outside of the offerings from M/CIO -- simply sign up for one of the training sessions marked “FTF” and it will cover all you need.
- We will also have office hours for both USAID staff and IPs right as the season opens, since many users found these live help sessions very useful (office hours are listed on the same schedules linked above).
- Oct. 4th = DIS is available for FY2021 reporting; Start reactivating / setting up users.
- Nov. 12th (or an earlier date set by your USAID POC!) = FTF indicator and narrative data due from IPs to USAID Mission/OU staff (***Note: Your USAID POC may set an *earlier* deadline for IP submissions, based on their OU’s internal deadlines***)
- Dec. 10th (or an earlier date set by your USAID/OU’s Program Office!) = As always, FTF reporting is due in ‘AOR/COR approved’ status to RFS the same day the FY2021 PPR is due (PPR deadline determined by State/F and is yet to be announced). (***Note: The USAID OU’s Program Office may set an *earlier* deadline for FTF final data in order to incorporate it into the OU’s PPR***)
- Dec to ~Jan (specific dates TBD) = review of FTF data entry by RFS MEL TAs / requests for corrections
- ~Jan to ~late Feb (specific dates TBD) = corrections made to FTF data in DIS, and also reflected in your PPR
- ~March (~specific dates TBD) = FTF & PPR data final
- Please be aware that most messages for DIS information will come from M/CIO this year (coming from email addresses such as [email protected] or [email protected] or [email protected], etc.). -- these have important information, including about FTF reporting.
- Some messages from M/CIO are only sent to “USAID staff DIS POCs” on this contact list, with the expectation that the POC will pass along the message to other USAID DIS users at their Mission/OU or to their IPs, as appropriate. Please update the list directly if the USAID DIS POC is not correct.
- Please reach out to your “System Manager / OU Manager with Authorization Privileges” for account re-activation or set up. (See Column F on DIS Contact List for who this is.)
- FTF IP account re-activation will occur on/after Oct. 4th.
- New DIS accounts can be created on/after Oct. 4th.
- Instructions, templates, how-to-videos and other resources are located at the links on the right side of this webpage.
- Read the FY21 FTF Guidance for details on the reporting requirements this year.
- FY2021 FTF Narrative templates are updated and located on the right.
- If your Mission has BHA RFSAs/DFSAs, please reach out to your respective USAID/BHA M&E Advisor and AOR with questions.
- USAID Mission staff can email the CIO HelpDesk ([email protected]) with any DIS-related questions
- For MEL support, USAID Mission staff can reach out to their RFS MEL TA (see country coverage here or email the general inbox ([email protected])).
- USAID RFS staff can reach out to the RFS Program Office ([email protected] and [email protected]).
- FTF IPs can submit DIS technical support tickets using this link throughout FY2021 reporting
- FTF IPs with business/reporting questions can reach out to Mike at the FTF IP HelpDesk ([email protected])
Reminder: FTF Definition & Reporting Requirements:
As a reminder, what “counts” as Feed the Future, and is thus subject to FTF reporting requirements, is:
- Funding from any account (e.g. DA, ESF, AEECA) that is programmed in the SPSD Program Area EG.3 Agriculture and/or HL.9 nutrition;
- All Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA) (formerly Food For Peace [FFP]) Resilience Food Security Activities (RFSAs)/DFSAs, whether funded by Community Development Funds (CDF) or Title II non-emergency funds, covering all SPSD Program Areas
FTF reporting requirements for Activities/IMs include*:
- Annual reporting on applicable, activity-level, standard FTF performance indicators (See handbook, especially table on pg. 13)
- Write an IM/Activity Performance Narrative
FTF reporting requirements for OUs include*:
- Write an annual FTF/GFS Key Issue Narrative
- Enter results for two national-level indicators (EG.3.1-c (ag exports) and EG.3.1-d (policy milestones)), if applicable
- Enter OU-level results for EG.3-2 (headcount of participants)
*See more details on reporting requirements in the forthcoming FY21 FTF Guidance.