RFA for Farmer-to-Farmer Small Grants Program
Open 2021 small grants request for applications
Partners of the Americas, with funding from the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), is seeking applications from parties interested in the Farmer-to-Farmer (F2F) Agricultural Volunteer Opportunity Project (AVOP) Small Grants Program.
The RFA will be conducted in two phases:
- Phase I: Competitive concept note.
- Phase II: Collaborative program design and full application (details provided to successful Phase I organizations).
The USAID-funded John Ogonowski and Doug Bereuter Farmer-to-Farmer Agricultural Volunteer Opportunity Project provides small grant funding available for international development programs focused on expert volunteer technical assistance.
F2F emphasizes achieving economic impact and measurable results by concentrating volunteer assignments in specific geographic areas, commodities programs and service sectors. Programs go beyond simply placing volunteers on an individual basis and focus on developing specific market chains for which overall impact can be evaluated. Programs build institutions and transfer technology and management expertise to link smallholder farmers with markets that make use of comparative advantages in production, processing and marketing. Volunteers typically work with medium and small agroenterprises, cooperatives, individual producers, agricultural extension and research agencies, and financial institutions.
Major areas of program focus are: horticulture, dairy and livestock, staple food crops, producer organization development, financial services, marketing and processing, natural resources management and agricultural education and training. A key component of F2F programs is that they are demand-driven by local host organizations and their evolving needs.
June 8, 2021, 6 p.m. EST | Concept note due
Concept note submission
Concept note applications must be submitted using the online form.
- Only one concept note per organization/institution.
- Partners of the Americas will confirm receipt via email.
- All application documents are to be sent as Microsoft Word attachments via the application form.
- No other method of submission will be accepted.
All technical questions are to be submitted in writing via e-mail to [email protected].
- No phone calls, faxes or questions submitted via the farmer-to-farmer.org contact form will be accepted.
- Partners of the Americas will confirm receipt of your question(s) via [email protected]
- Questions and answers will be posted on a rolling basis and can be viewed at this page.
- Any further questions will be answered at the RFA informational webinar on April 19, 2021.