Online Course: Resilience in Agriculture
About the course
The Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Crop Improvement's online training module on resilience provides an overview of the concept and application of resilience in agriculture for crop improvement. It also looks at resilience in relation to other crosscutting themes of gender equality, nutrition security and youth engagement. This training covers four overall learning objectives to enable the learner to understand basic concepts, definitions, application and measurement of resilience in agriculture for crop improvement.
How do I register?
The course is free of charge. When you go to the Resilience in Agriculture course, you’ll be prompted to create a free account or log in.
How long will it take?
You can take this course at your own pace by saving your progress along the way. The entire module will take about four hours.
Who should take the course?
The course is designed for anyone with an interest in the intersection of social issues and crop improvement.
- Learn about basic concepts and definitions of resilience related to agriculture and crop improvement
- Understand why considering resilience in agriculture and crop improvement research is important
- Identify possible measurements of resilience
- Identify successful strategies for incorporating resilience for improved outcomes
Resilience course team
- Sarah Eissler: Lead content developer
- Dee Rubin: Crosscutting themes training coordinator
- Kelly Merchán: Course designer and narrator
Start the course
Are you ready to learn about resilience in agriculture? Get started on the Innovation Lab for Crop Improvement's website. Course sessions are free and available to the public. You will be required to register for a free WordPress account in order to access the courses.