Global Food Security Strategy "Refresh" (GFSS-R): Opportunity to Provide Further Input
USAID's Bureau for Resilience and Food Security (USAID/RFS) thanks you for your participation in consultations on the first draft of the "refresh" of the Global Food Security Strategy (GFSS-R). As noted in the consultations, we want to give participants the opportunity to review the draft strategy and provide written feedback. Please find a link here to the draft GFSS-R.
You can use this link to provide feedback on the draft GFSS-R. The form has been organized around the various sections of the strategy, as follows:
- Section 1: The Global Context
- Section 2: Results Framework
- Objective 1: Inclusive and Sustainable Agriculture-Led Economic Growth
- Objective 2: Strengthened Resilience Among People and Systems
- Objective 3: A Well-Nourished Population, Especially Among Women and Children
- Cross-Cutting Intermediate Result (CC IR) 1: Strengthened Global Commitment to Investing in Food
- CC IR 2: Increased Gender Equality and Female Empowerment
- CC IR 3: Increased Youth Empowerment and Livelihoods
- CC IR 4: More Effective Policy, Governance, and Institutions
- CC IR 5: Improved Human, Organizational, and System Performance
- CC IR 6: Improved Natural Resource Management
- CC IR 7: Enhanced Climate Change Mitigation and Adaptation
- CC IR 8: Improved Water Resources Management
- CC IR 9: Increased Opportunities for Conflict Prevention, Peace and Social Cohesion
- CC IR 10: Enhanced Integration of Digital Technologies
- Complementary Results
- Section 3: Targeting Approach
- Section 4: U.S. Approach
- Section 5: Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning
We will keep the form open through Wednesday, August 4. We will use the input we receive to prepare the final version of the strategy. Thank you again for your participation and we look forward to hearing from you.
Note: The U.S. Government's Feed the Future (FTF) Interagency coordination group hosted consultations with FTF external partners on July 15, 2021. During this meeting, USAID and the rest of the USG Interagency provided an update on the ongoing refresh to the Global Food Security Strategy and answered questions from the external stakeholder community. A recording of the video can be found here.