Feed the Future Monitoring System (FTFMS) Resources Page 2018
This is FY18 Information posted below, For FY19 Information, please visit https://www.agrilinks.org/ftfms .
This page houses key updates, information, and resources to assist those who are reporting into the Feed the Future Monitoring System (FTFMS). FTFMS is part of an interagency effort to consolidate USG reporting on Feed the Future activities. USAID, USDA, MCC, Peace Corps, Treasury, and the US-Africa Development Foundation contribute data to the system. FTFMS indicator data are the official data for Feed the Future, provide the foundation for the Feed the Future Progress Report, and inform decisions on future programming and budget allocations.
Updates for the FY18 Reporting Season
- Data entry opens October 15 this year, and:
- Closes November 16 for USAID IPs (all IM data due from IPs to --> Missions/OUs by this date)
- Closes November 30 for USAID Missions / OUs (all IM and OU data due from OUs to -->> BFS MEL Team by this date)
- See the detailed timeline below.
- Note that the Interagency (USDA, MCC, PC, USADF, Treas,) are on a different timeline than USAID.
- Note that USAID/FFP is on a different timeline than the rest of USAID, since data is coordinated through DCHA HQ.
- NEW THIS YEAR!! -->> See the new Feed the Future Indicator Handbook (published March 2018)
- Refer to this summary table of transition to new indicators to know whether you need to switch to using the new set of indicators
- Read the FY18 FTFMS Guidance Document for this year’s instructions
- Attend the annual FTFMS Webinar, held on Thursday, October 4. A recording and transcript are posted at the same link.
- NEW THIS YEAR!! -->> Template for the IM Performance Narrative – a Word document to help prepare your narrative before entering into FTFMS
- NEW THIS YEAR!! -->> Template for the FTF Key Issue Narrative – a Word document to help prepare your narrative before entering into FTFMS
- As always, direct your FTFMS questions to [email protected] or to your MEL technical advisor (list below)
What Should You Be Doing Now to prepare?
- Make sure you and your Implementing Partners have an FTFMS account if you need one.
- To request an account, email [email protected]. Please specify which Implementing Mechanism the user needs access to.
- If you forgot your password or haven't logged in lately, you can reset it by clicking "Forgot Password" on the FTFMS login screen.
- Check that all the identifying information for your projects is showing up in FTFMS (click the pencil icon next to your project title on the "Enter Mechanism Info" screen).
- Some data you can correct yourself directly in FTFMS, while other IM Details are not editable. If data needs to be filled in or corrected on a non-editable cell, please, contact your USAID POC (if you're an Implementing Partner) or your Program Office (if you're a USAID Mission) to make the correction in the Operational Plan in the FACTSInfo system, and the updates will automatically transfer to FTFMS overnight.
- AORs/CORs: Check that all the appropriate indicators are selected for your project (go to the "Select Indicators & Commodities" menu item). Delete indicators you're no longer reporting on (click red "x" - it doesn't erase historical data), and/or click "Add Indicator" at the bottom to include new ones.
- Start gathering your results data and preparing your IM Performance Narratives (one per project -- see template available on this page!) so you're ready when the system opens!
FY18 FTFMS Timeline for Data Entry & Review
- IP data entry: Monday, Oct 15 - Friday, Nov 16 [5 weeks]
- OU/Mission data review: Monday, Nov 19 - Friday, Nov 30 [2 weeks]
- BFS HQ review and OU corrections: Dec 1 - Feb 14
- ALL DATA COMPLETELY FINALIZED = Friday, Feb. 15
Country Coverage FY18
|Pakistan||Julie Uwimana* (Madeleine Gauthier)|
|Timor Leste||Lindsey Anna|
|Latin America and the Caribbean|
|Dem. Rep. Congo||Lesley Perlman|
|South Sudan||Lesley Perlman|
|Guinea||Julie Uwimana* (Madeleine Gauthier)|
|Sierra Leone||Julie Uwimana* (Madeleine Gauthier)|
|Middle East and Eastern Europe|
|Egypt||Julie Uwimana* (Melissa Levenger)|
|Georgia||Julie Uwimana* (Melissa Levenger)|
|Yemen||Julie Uwimana* (Melissa Levenger)|
|Regional Missions||Madeleine Gauthier|