Market Systems Global Learning and Evidence Exchange (GLEE) - Bangkok, Thailand
Event Date: Mar 21, 2017 to Mar 24, 2017
Time: 08:00 AM to 05:00 PM (GMT -4)
Conrad Bangkok Hotel
87 Witthayu Rd, Khwaeng Lumphini, Khet Pathum Wan, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon
Bangkok, 10330, Thailand
The U.S. Agency for International Development Bureau for Food Security (USAID BFS) has collaborated with leaders and practitioners across the development landscape to share knowledge, good practices and lessons learned in market systems, trade, finance and resilience.
For four days, USAID staff and experienced practitioners will discuss approaches to leveraging market forces and food systems to advance global food security.
Participants will benefit from an improved understanding of Bureau for Food Security support to Missions and new skills to incorporate the latest guidance, technology and practices in market-based solutions.
On this page, you can access important event resources, including the pre-webinar recording, the official agenda, speaker presentations and more!
Select a presenter below to download their presentation.
Tuesday, March 21
- Opening Session:USG Global Food Security Strategy
- Session 1: Agricultural Transformation and Market Systems Programming
- Session 2: Inclusion: Making Markets Work for the Marginalized
- Session 3:Generating Jobs: Opportunities in Market Systems Programming
- Session 4: Building an Enabling Environment for Agricultural Transformation and Market Development
- Session 5: Monitoring Systems for Impact and Results: Beyone FTFMS
Wednesday, March 22
- Session 6: Using Facilitation in a Market Systems Program
- Session 7:Asian Intra-Regional Trade Performance
- Session 8:Regional Opportunities for Private Sector and Industry Leadership
- Session 9:Safe Trade Along Local Supply Chains
- Session 10:Joint Session With TRR Trainees
Thursday, March 23
- Session 11:Facilitating Capital Flows in Agri-Food Systems
- Session 12:How to Incorporate Finance Into Your Market Systems Programs
- Session 13:Tools for Enabling Agricultural Finance
- Session 14:Markets for Good Nutrition
- Session 15:Innovation Stations
Friday, March 24
- Session 16:Risk-Based Analysis and Strategies for Risk Management
- Session 17:Risk Management Tools: So You’re Thinking About Index Insurance
- Session 18:Harnessing Digital Solutions to Improve Your Impact and Reach
- Session 19:USG Closed Session