Leading Locally, the Cooperative Way
Cooperatives are uniquely positioned to champion their local communities, creating the foundation necessary for long-term development impact. They are created and owned by the communities they serve, empowering local people and institutions to own the planning, implementation and evaluation of their own growth and sustainable development.
USAID recognizes that locally led development is a vital part of their mission which includes promoting a path for aid recipients to be leaders who are self-reliant and resilient. The agency has a goal to channel 25% of its total funding for locally led development work.
You are invited to attend the webinar, “Leading Locally, The Cooperative Way,” which will showcase how cooperatives:
- Are leaders in sustainable development.
- Strengthen communities from the ground up.
- Have benefitted directly from USAID funds to accomplish their goals.
This webinar will feature panelists from co-op organizations and USAID who will share inspiring success stories, lessons learned, and ways to partner with international funders for locally-led development initiatives.
- Arjun Tasker, New Partnerships Initiative Portfolio Manager, USAID's Local, Faith and Transformative Partnerships Hub
- Gabriela Delgado, Marketing & Logistics Manager, FEDECOVERA, R.L.
- Salma Kadiri, Project Management Specialist, General Development Office, U.S. Agency for International Development, Morocco
- Lourdes Barude, Paraguayan Federation of Producer Cooperatives (FECOPROD)