#AskAg Twitter Chat: Smallholder Access to Improved Technology
Join us on Tuesday, July 16 at 12 pm EDT (convert time zone) for an #AskAg Twitter Chat on Smallholder Access to Improved Technology, featuring experts from the Kenya Feed the Future Innovation Engine, Feed the Future Partnering for Innovation, and USAID Development Innovation Ventures.
There is a significant amount of research and development that already exists with the potential to make agriculture more productive, more efficient, and more cost-effective. The adoption of improved agricultural technology increases production of smallholder farms, raises incomes, and improves the overall quality of life for smallholder farm households, in addition to significantly contributing to long-term national economic growth. However, much of this technology has not reached markets in developing countries because of the risk associated with investing in emerging markets. Join us for an #AskAg Twitter chat to discuss how we can increase smallholder access to this improved technology.
- How do you define technology/innovation and why is it important for ag markets worldwide?
- What factors/challenges influence adoption of new technologies by smallholders?
- How can we assess the tech needs and size of a “bottom of the pyramid” ag market?
- Why might companies not want to package and market valuable technologies to smallholders?
- What are examples of successful partnerships around technology and how do they begin?
- What are some ways to leverage resources and bridge the gap between donors and the private sector?
Twitter accounts to follow
|Experts||Organizations & featured contributors|
|Milton Lore: @MiltonLore||USAID Kenya: @USAIDKenya|
|Bob Rabatsky: @FTF_PI||FTF Partnering for Innovation: @FTF_PI|
|Kristen Gendron: @klgendron12||USAID's Development Innovation Ventures: @DIVatUSAID|
|Root Capital: @RootCapital|
|Land O'Lakes IDD: @LandOLakesIDD|
How to participate
- If you are new to Twitter, visit Twitter.com to sign up for an account. (For more tips on getting started, check out our Twitter 101 Training.)
- Explore the guiding questions that will be discussed during the chat.
- Join us for discussion by using the hashtag #AskAg and following @Agrilinks.
- You can also follow on Twubs or through the livestream below.
LivestreamTweets about "#AskAg"
Kenya Feed the Future Innovation Engine
Feed the Future Partnering for Innovation
USAID Development Innovation Ventures