Webinar: Dry Chain - Solving dried commodity losses due to moisture and humidity
Event Date: Apr 23, 2019
Time: 09:00 AM to 10:00 AM (GMT -8)
Online: Online Event
The Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Horticulture is hosting a webinar introducing the concept of the "dry chain," to protect the quality and safety of dried commodities. The webinar will be held at 9 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) on Tuesday, April 23.
Presenters will include:
- Kent Bradford – University of California, Davis, distinguished professor
- James Thompson - University of California, Davis, emeritus agricultural engineer
- Michael Reid - Horticulture Innovation Lab's leader for innovation and technology
- Mohd. Rezaul Islam ("Rana") - Horticulture Innovation Lab research associate with WorldFish
Panelists will introduce the concept of the dry chain and discuss the technologies and steps required to properly dry a product, determine whether the product is dry enough for storage, and keep that product dry. The speakers will also provide insights from experience in Bangladesh, implementing the dry chain with the Horticulture Innovation Lab’s project focused on examining nutrition impacts of horticultural innovations.
To register: Please register on Zoom to attend this free webinar.
For more information:
- Official Dry Chain website
- Chimney solar dryer information from the Horticulture Innovation Lab
- DryCard information from the Horticulture Innovation Lab
- More dry chain information from the Horticulture Innovation Lab